- Date: To be decided
- Time: To be decided
- Last Date of Registration: First come first serve basis
- Dedicated Course Trainer
- Contact: +88 01734 211085
- Venue: House of Textile Today, 25/A, Lake drive road, Sector #7, Uttara, Dhaka
Supply Chain Management can be defined as the management of flow of products and services, which begins from the origin of products and ends at the product’s consumption. It also comprises movement and storage of raw materials that are involved in work in progress, inventory and fully furnished goods.
The main objective of supply chain management is to monitor and relate production, distribution, and shipment of products and services. This can be done by companies with a very good and tight hold over internal inventories, production, distribution, internal productions and sales.
Supply Chain Management:
Training Objectives :
- Demonstrate operational purchasing methods and techniques on supplier management and supply in specific business contexts.
- Explain the strategic importance of logistic elements and describe how they affect supply chain management.
- Advice management on the organization of E-commerce, logistics, import taxes, risk, customs and legal aspects of global trading.
- Analyze the creation of new value in the supply chain for customers, society and the environment.
- Analyze (big) data in a supply chain.
Module 1: Introduction to Supply Chain Management
• The Supply Chain’s Strategic Importance
• Core concepts of supply management
• Supply Chain Drivers and Obstacles
• Supply Chain Strategies
• Alignment of supply chain and business strategies
• The Bullwhip Effect
• Measuring Supply Chain Performance
• SCOR model
• Future Trends in Supply Chain
Module 2: Production Management System
• Bill of Materials
• Materials Requirement Planning(MRP)
• Lot sizing Techniques
• Demand forecasting and management techniques
Module 3: Procurement and Vendor Management
• Identifying the supply Markets and Potential Suppliers
• Procurement Strategies
• Bidding, Shortlisting, Selecting and Tendering, RFP,RFI ,RFQ
• Vendor Performance Management and Evaluation
• Suppliers Relationship Management-Partnership/JIT
• Sustainable Green Procurement
Module 4: Inventory Management
• Role of inventory in Supply Chain Management
• Inventory Types and Characteristics
• ABC analysis of Stock
• Cycle Counting
• Holding and Set up Costs
• Various Models of Inventory Management
• EOQ, POQ, Quantity Discount
• Service Level Agreements SLA
• Fundamentals of supplier relationship
• Management (SRM)
Module 5: Warehousing
• Facility Design & Layout
• Types of Warehouses, Costs and Efficiencies
• Warehouse Operations
• Cross Docking, Drop Shipping & Transshipment
• Measuring the Performance of Warehouses
• Warehouse Equipment, Pallet Rack System & ASRS
• Best Practices in Warehousing
Module 6 Logistics
• Network design & Route Optimization
• Freight Consolidation and Logistical Integration
• Formulating Logistical Strategy
• Transportation – Rail, Road, Sea and Air, Pipeline
• Transportation Modeling & Simulation
• Transport Pricing and Economics
• Reverse Logistics
Module 7: Global Supply Chain
• Identifying Global Supply Chain Opportunities and Making Strategies
• Globally dispersed supply and demand and the impact of free trade zones, Free Ports and trading blocs
• Financial Management in Supply Chain Management
• International Commodity trade: how it works?
Module 8: MIS in Supply Chain & Process Improvement
• Role of IT in Inventory, warehousing, order tracking and delivery coordination
• Technologies for testing, data, operations and communications in supply chain management
• Key considerations for supply chain design and continuous improvement.
Who can attend?
- Professionals and executives
- PowerPoint Presentation, Interactive session with relevant videos and case studies and role plays
Boarding & Certification
- Course materials and food will be provided by Textile Today.
- Certificates will be awarded to participants at the end of training
Course Fee :
For individual training modules: 5,900/- (Nine Thousand Nine Hundred Taka Only)